As a lawyer and a lobbyist, Hunter leverages a tireless work ethic, a command of relevant subject matter, and a dedication to his client’s cause in order to best advocate on behalf of his clients.
Hunter’s practice is primarily focused on the representation of health care providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Hunter’s knowledge of the health care sector allows him to help a client resolve a broad range of legal or public policy problems.
Hunter is one of the first lobbyists to arrive in the General Assembly and is one of the last to leave. He believes that diligence is what wins the day in legislative advocacy. Hunter does not simply monitor the General Assembly—Hunter acts. He is not afraid to push for the passage of controversial legislation; Hunter invests the time, research, and energy necessary to effectively advocate his client’s position even when the opposition is strong.
A client may also have specific legal needs that Hunter can address. For example, health care providers regularly contact Hunter to defend their interests in audit disputes with Medicaid, Medicare, PBMs, or private insurance companies. Hunter also provides health care provider employment agreement review and negotiation. Additionally, Hunter is prepared to negotiate payment rates with insurers on behalf of health care providers across Virginia. Also, Hunter is experienced in representing health care providers in licensure and disciplinary matters before the various boards of the Department of Health Professions.
Hunter is committed to establishing long-term relationships with his clients. Hunter assists clients with building useful relationships with legislators, administrative agencies, and other health care sector interests. Hunter believes that the better he knows his client and its area of health care, the better he can serve his client.
- Macaulay Jamerson & Sessa, P.C.; Richmond, Virginia, 2010 – present
- Bucci & Dix, LLC; Chesterfield, Virginia, 2009 – 2010
- Chesterfield Circuit Court; Chesterfield, Virginia, Law Clerk to the Honorable Michael C. Allen, 2008 – 2009
- Cooter, Mangold, Tompert & Karas, LLP; Washington, D.C., Summer Associate, 2007
- U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia; Washington, D.C., Law Clerk to the Criminal Appellate Division, 2006
- Woodrow Wilson School of Government at Princeton University; Princeton, New Jersey, Research Assistant, 2005
- 9/11 Commission, National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States; Washington, D.C., Intern with Secret National Security Clearance, 2004
- Miller Center of Public Affairs at University of Virginia; Charlottesville, Virginia, Intern, 2002 – 2005
- Federal and state courts in Virginia
- Robins School of Business, University of Richmond; Richmond, Virginia, M.B.A. 2013
- University of Richmond School of Law; Richmond, Virginia, J.D. 2008
- University of Virginia; Charlottesville, Virginia, B.A. 2005
- Virginia State Bar, Health Law Section
- Virginia Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- John Marshall American Inn of Court
- UVA Club of Richmond
- Virginia Pharmacists Association
- Virginia Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” 2012 – 2022