If you are reading this you probably got my name from a friend or colleague and want to know a little bit more about my philosophy and background.
My philosophy is that a good advocate needs experience, expertise, and commitment.
Experience means that the advocate has represented clients in a particular situation many times and knows what to expect.
Expertise means that the advocate has deep subject matter knowledge and doesn’t need a tutorial on the client’s industry or profession.
Commitment means that the advocate is dedicated to developing a winning strategy for the client and zealously carrying it out.
My first legal job was at Mays & Valentine, a large Richmond firm, where I litigated and lobbied. While there I saw some of Virginia’s best lawyers and lobbyists in action. After Mays, I worked with a series of outstanding partners including Larry Framme, Beverly Powell, Don Lee, and JB Burtch.
Today I am privileged to work with Hunter Jamerson, one of the best lawyer-lobbyists in Virginia, and Lindsay Sessa, a rising star in health care law. At Macaulay Jamerson & Sessa, I focus on health care law and government relations.
I am a Richmond native and grew up hearing many lobbying and legal “war stories” from my father and grandfather. That led to volunteering in campaigns and a job as a Page in the Virginia House of Delegates. I then worked in the Governor’s Office, House Clerk’s office, and Department of Information Technology. I also worked in the campaign of Gov. Gerald Baliles and as a legislative assistant to Del. Alan Diamonstein.
I majored in history at Wesleyan University (Middletown, CT) and graduated from law school at the University of Virginia.
I hope that the above information is helpful in evaluating my suitability for your issue or case. I look forward to having a conversation with you.
- Macaulay Jamerson & Sessa; Richmond, Virginia
- Mays & Valentine; Richmond, Virginia
- Federal and state courts in Virginia
- University of Virginia School of Law; Charlottesville, Virginia, J.D. 1991
- Wesleyan University; Middletown, Connecticut, B.A. History, 1988
- Virginia State Bar, Health Law Section
- Virginia Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Law Association
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- American Society for Pharmacy Law
- National Community Pharmacists Association
- Virginia Pharmacists Association
- National Alliance on Mental Illness of Virginia, Joshua Collins Award for Excellence
- Legal Elite, Government Relations
- The Best Lawyers in America, Government Relations
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Government Relations